Sunday 1 August 2010

Eye of the Day

Yesterday, I went to my friend’s Cuban-themed party as a revolutionary, wearing a military style outfit, with a camouflage hat.  For my makeup, I thought I’d try out a version of this gunmetal, smoky eyed look that the fabulous Carahamelie03 posted on YouTube this week.  I had to substitute some of the products and adapted it slightly to try to get a more military toned look, whilst introducing some bronzy colours to the rest of my face.  I wasn’t very pleased with how it turned out initially, as I found it difficult to stop the colours getting too muddy, but actually after looking at my photos, I think it looks quite good – let me know if you agree!


I first of all primed my eyes with Urban Decay Primer Potion.  I then used the lightest colour from the Revlon Illuminence Creme Shadow palette in Wild Orchids as a base, all over my lids.  I followed this with Shale by MAC, again all over my lids and into the crease, bringing it up at the outer corner, as Carah suggests.  For a highlighter, I used a yellowy, sparkly colour from the Coastal Scents Warm 88 palette under my brow bone and in the inner corner.
Lightest shade of Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow on the left
I used Smoulder by Mac as a thick messy liner on my top lash line, waterline and under my lower lashes, which I smudged using a pencil brush both under and over my lashes.  Using the same pencil brush, I used a sparkly olive green colour from the Coastal Scents palette over the top of the smudged black liner, bringing it up towards the crease at the outer third of my eye, as well as just under my lower lashes.  This was the bit I had a lot of trouble with – I thought that it looked quite muddy, and found the shadow quite difficult to blend.

L - R, Revlon Creme Shadow, Shale, Coastal Scent Highlighter, CS Green
For a liner, I used the MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack, applied with the 210 MAC brush.  I decided not to go for falsies, but used Prestige My Biggest Lashes as mascara.  I used the 17 eyebrow pencil in natural brow for my brows.

On my face I used Elf bronzer in Warm and Elf blusher in Mellow Mauve.  I opted for Thrills from MAC’s To The Beach collection on my lips.  This is a fantastic orange toned red shot through with shimmer and I love it!  It’s still available on the MAC website under goodbyes, and I thoroughly recommend it!

Warm Bronzer and Mellow Mauve Blush
Thrills by MAC
Thanks for reading x

1 comment:

Effi said...

Your eyes looks beautiful with this makeup!
lovely blog(:

I'll follow your blog if you'll follow mine:
http://efashionfactor.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails