Tuesday 19 October 2010

NOTD - Butter London All Hail McQueen

Hello all.  Just a quick nail of the day post for you today.  I painted my nails using All Hail McQueen by Butter London, one of the polishes I picked up at the Elle Beauty Event at Harvey Nicks last week.


It's a lovely polish, full of shimmer, but it's subtle, not in your face bling.  I find it really hard to describe the colour.  In some lights it's a touch gold, others it's grey and sometimes it even looks silver.  It's a bit of a chameleon of a shade, which I really love.



In terms of its application, this was one of the easiest and smoothest polishes I have ever used.  It went on like a dream, with absolutely no bubbling or streaking.  I did need to do 3 coats to get a strong colour and to intensify the depth of the shimmer, but it was relatively quick drying (although I did mess up one of the nails on the hand I haven't shown).  I haven't used a top coat, but it's still in good nick one day later.

Apologies for the state of my fingers.  I had a long drive today, and I chew my fingers when I'm bored on a motorway, so they are in a bad way.  I don't normally do that - only when I'm on the motorway! Also, I wanted to photograph my nails today in natural light, but I forgot, so they're photographed under artificial light.  I wanted to show range of colours of the nails in different lighting.

Anyway, I wore this colour to a meeting I went to today, so I think it's a work-appropriate colour, despite the shimmer.

Thanks for reading!  xx

5 comments:

GeorgiaP - formerly WelshBeautyBlog said...

SO gorgeous - i've wanted this for a while - but trying not to spend any money...oh noooo, what is a girl to do?! xx

Stina said...

This is one of my fave polishes, I just looked at the pics of when I wore it, and I need to apply this- like tomorrow. Just so stunning!

Another one from Butter London is The Old Bill, truly stunning too, and worth checking out x

Unknown said...

Now that is gorgeous. *adds to list*

xxx

Law1sfab said...

I think your nails look fab, better than my misshape ones. Wow I love that colour, I will have to look out for it. Great review kitten xxx

behindtheshoes said...

I think I may have found us both a work friendly colour Shrapnel

http://www.illamasqua.com/shop/catalogue/category/nails/products/nail-varnish-competition-winners/194/

What do you think ?

Rachelle Xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails