Thursday 7 October 2010

NOTD - Marvala Elle

I thought I'd do a quick nail of the day for you this evening.  I bought Mavala Elle nail polish weeks ago, but I've only just got round to wearing it this week.  It was released to celebrate Elle's 25th anniversary, so I'm definitely a month too late.

The polish is only available from John Lewis and costs a very reasonable £3.95.  It's Limited Edition, so I'm not sure if they still have it - it was released on 1st Sept.  When I bought mine there were loads of it, but you may not find it now.



Application wise, it was easy, two coats dried to a smooth opaque finish, and it didn't take long to dry.  I've had it on for three days without a top coat.  There is just a smidgen of tip-wear, but nothing significant.

I really like the grey/purple colour (I think Modesty Brown termed it 'gruple').  It's very 'now', with a hint of Paradoxal, without any shimmer.

All in all it's a cute colour, reasonably long lasting, easy to apply and dries quickly, as well as being good value.  I am a fan of Mavala nail polishes, especially as they're good quality and small, whilst being affordable.  The small bit is good, because you can buy more of them, and if you buy a very fashionable colour you won't have loads left over when the colour is no longer hot.

What do you think of the colour?

Thanks for reading!  xx

1 comment:

GeorgiaP - formerly WelshBeautyBlog said...

I loooove this! When it launched, John Lewis in Cardiff sold out really quickly and I didn't manage to get any. I *need* it! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails