Friday 5 November 2010

First Attempt at Barry M Instant Nail Effects - Partial Success, Partial Fail

I thought I'd show you my first attempt at using Barry M Nail Instant Effects for Halloween last week.  Unfortunately, it wasn't entirely successful.


After seeing everyone else's fantastic creations, I was really looking forward to trying it, especially as it is so easy to use.  I used a shocking pink Rimmel polish first, a colour I've had for ages.  I then applied the Barry M and waited for the magic to happen...

Left hand - it's acceptable

On my left hand it look alright. 

Right Hand - definitely NOT acceptable

But my right hand was smudged and chipped, with big lumps of Barry M.  I had to encourage it to crack on my nails with an orange stick.  It was a bit of a fail on this hand.

I talked to Laura from That's So Yesterday on Twitter who won my Barry M giveaway.  She suggested that perhaps the bottom coat wasn't completely dry, which is probably true, as I applied it in a rush.  I also think that I was a bit heavy handed with the Nail Effects application.  I'll have to have another go at it so see if I can get a better finish.

It's a shame that it wasn't entirely successful, because this definitely isn't a look I'd wear everyday, and I wouldn't dare wear it for work!  Halloween is probably the main time of the year that I'll sport these nails.  I will have another play with it and take my time to see if I can get it working properly - I really want it to work, as it's such a fun thing to have!

By the way, I quite like the shocking pink/black combo - it makes quite a contrast, and is definitely not the black nail varnish peeling off look. 

Have you had any issues with applying this?

Thanks for reading! xx

7 comments:

daisychain said...

the first time I used it things went perfectly,
since then I seem to have the same problem as you,
which kind of makes me regret going crazy and buying a backup!

Anonymous said...

Had to laugh at what daisychain said above, I always seem to buy backups of things which aren't working! Agree about the pink black combo. I used to do nail stuff more than I do now, and the cardinal rule is to give the coats a good bit of time to dry. Thankyou for this, and for sharing the mistakes - we all make them!

o said...

I have a P2 Crackling polish and it works perfectly!
The base coat needs to be dry and I prefer to apply heavy coats of the crackling polish as it will crack more.
I haven't tried to Barry M yet, though

Lucy said...

The first time I applied this think I did it too thinly as not a lot actually happened...

Anonymous said...

Hey! I think it really depends on the first coat, and how well you apply it! I used a "models own" as a first coat in the morning and applied the instant effects at night after work and it worked great. There's a tutorial on the barry M website that may help! Looks great on the hand that worked tho! Nice blog! xxxxx

TheBristolBeautyBlog said...

Thanks for all your comments! xx

Unknown said...

replica designer backpacks n32 w3f39n8s46 replica louis vuitton bags p77 s7i43v5c57 Ysl replica l15 d7w43e7z33

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails