Saturday 20 November 2010

Update and Ramble

Hello ladies!  As I mentioned in a previous blog post, I'm incredibly busy at the moment, so blogging is taking a bit of a back seat for now.  I have a manic week to come as well, with two overnight trips, but from Friday I have a week off work!  I so need it, not that I'm going to be sitting around twiddling my thumbs. I have a new hair style and new hair colour session booked at the salon, as well as getting my Brazilian blowdry finally.  My boyfriend and I are going to a mid twentieth century furniture sale at the Paintworks - we love this style of furniture - perhaps I'll find my perfect dressing table?  My Mum is coming to visit me one day, and we'll go Christmas shopping in Bath.  I'm also going to Westonbirt Arboretum for their Enchanted Forest Christmas walk.  Most importantly, my best friend was due to give birth last weekend.  She's not popped yet, but she'll be induced next week if it doesn't come naturally, so I'll be visiting her as well.  Phew, hopefully I'll find time for a bit of blogging as well!


I've got lots of exciting things happening at the moment as well.  Last night I went to see the fab Caitlin Rose play live.  I saw her in September in the weirdest, smallest venue ever, but in just two months she sold out The Fleece last night, so her popularity is growing.  For me, she's definitely produced my favourite album of the year!  If you like great song writing and a bit of country (but good country), check her out!


Very excitingly, we bought very last minute tickets to go to the All Tomorrows Partys Bowlie Weekender festival at Butlins in three weeks time!  I'm stupidly excited about it - there are so many good bands playing!  If you've never heard of ATP, let me tell you, it's the perfect festival for those of us who can no longer face camping, mud and chemical toilets.  You stay in a chalet (included in the price, which is no more expensive than camping festivals) and all the bands play in indoor venues.  It's very well organised - you can actually see almost all of the bands.  There's very little reason to go outside, so you can stay warm and dry.  We go every year in May, and it is fab!  There's a great mix of people there, but it's a slightly older crowd than Glastonbury - I always feel young when I go!  It's also very family friendly, what with the chalets as accommodation and all the Butlins facilities, so there are loads of kids running around.  And best of all, it's very down to earth.  Each festival is organised by a famour curator or band and they spend the whole time milling around with the crowd, watching bands and signing autographs. There's no VIP area.  In May we saw the curator, Matt Groening (yes the Simpsons guy) about 10 times over the weekend, and he was always happy to stop and chat.


With the festival tickets booked, this was all the excuse I needed to head into town to buy some new outfits.  Well a December festival needs its own wardrobe doesn't it?  I bought some great pieces in the Debenhams 20% off event, including corduroy leggings (perhaps che-ggings?) and a jersey leopard print dress/tunic from Oasis.  Perfect for a winter festival!

I also broke my spending ban, getting a few bits at Mac, picking up some new Marvala polishes, sneaking in some new Accessorise makeup bits and getting my mits on Dusky Mauve by Barry M.   I had already broken my spending ban last week at the new Origins counter at Boots at Cribbs Causeway - I blame my sister, I was picking up her Christmas pressie there (she has expensive tastes), and was seduced by the sales assistant into buying a few extra bits!

I picked up a few things whilst I was out today for a little giveaway I have planned over the new few weeks - I just need to find the time to sort it out, photographs everything (in the light) and get a few extra prizes... it's on its way though.  I also tried out a fish pedicure at Dr SpaFish at the Galleries in Bristol.  It cost £10 for 15 minutes, and was an 'interesting' experience.  Definitely a novelty, but an affordable one.  I'll do a proper review of this soon.

Well Mr TBBB has finally given up smoking this week.  He has now been fag-free for 5 whole days, which is an amazing achievement.  I'm trying to be a very supportive girlfriend, but now the nicotine has left his system, he's in an really good mood - I've never seen him so cheerful!  Let's hope it continues and he manages to resist temptation!  I didn't help matters today by having my own minor melt-down when I came home from shopping.  I'm not someone who has ever suffered from depression and I'm usually very upbeat and positive.  But very occasionally, and I mean maybe once a year, I have a very down day for no reason at all.  Today was one of those days.  I had bought a baguette at the supermarket, but it fell onto the pavement when I was carrying the shopping out of the car.  This set me off crying for about half an hour - for no reason - I had just been feeling so blue all day.  I've perked up a bit now, but I hate days like this.  Mr TBBB had to put up with me sobbing, thinking he'd done something wrong (he hadn't - I'd dropped the baguette).

So I have lots of things to blog about in the run up to Christmas.  I'm hoping to draft up a few posts this evening so my blog isn't bare whilst I'm madly dashing around next week.  But if I don't manage it, I will be back in a week - I'm just busy!

Well done if you've got to the end of this ramble!  Thanks for reading!  xx

2 comments:

ChrissyDee said...

Lovely to see a post from you!

Love The Fleece. It's such a nice, chilled venue (round the bar at least!) next to Thekla, it's my favourite.

Have a fantastic week off and enjoy everything coming up! xx

Ess-Jay24 said...

Gosh you are busy busy! I hope you get through your week and enjoy your week off!
xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails