Tuesday 28 December 2010

NOTD from OPI's Burlesque Collection - Ali's Big Break

Hi everyone.  I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas - I certainly did!  Luckily my Dad was discharged from hospital on Christmas Eve, so he didn't need to spend a third Christmas Day in hospital, which was my most treasured Christmas present!  I also got some goodies for Christmas, so no doubt I'll do some posts about my presents coming up soon, and got a few bargains in the sales yesterday.




Today I thought I'd show you my Christmas nails.  I went for Ali's Big Break from the OPI Burlesque Collection in the end, although I was deliberating about which one to wear for ages.  The shade I chose is a classic blue-toned red with a not too in-your-face shimmer to it.  It's the least glittery of the four colours I have, but still is shimmery enough for a bit of festive cheer.

The pictures are after two days wear, with two coats on top of a base coat and a top coat to finish it off.  It's pretty long lasting, although I did chip a nail on my other hand after a day.  I usually like small bottles of polish, as you've more chance of acually using them up, and so the mini-teasers from this collection fit the bill nicely.  However, I do find that the brush is very small and not that easy to work with, especially with the more glittery polishes.

Of all the NOTDs I've done, I think this is the first time I've done proper red nails.  I love red nails, but I don't think they suit my skin tone at all, so I usually go for warmer burgundys if I'm going for something in the red spectrum.  Still, I really like the colour and the sparkles lift it from a flat red colour.

Thanks for reading!  xx

3 comments:

Law1sfab said...

So glad to hear that your dad came home and that he is okay :) the best news kitten. WOW I love red polish, this looks so good on, sometimes red can look patchy but this is such a great block of red. Love it :) xxxx

debra mejia said...

We take our health for granted. It's good that your dad is feeling better.

I love your red nails. I've just watched all the Mad Men episodes back to back and all the women in the show have those great red nails. I'll wear dark colors on my toes, but I stay away from that on my fingers. I don't know what my problem is, but I seem to chip them the first day I get them painted!

TheBristolBeautyBlog said...

Thanks ladies. Yes, it was lovely that my Dad was home for Christmas and was a lot better - a great Christmas pressie! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails