Wednesday 5 January 2011

Clinique Strawberry Fudge Holiday Palette

I think I've mentioned before that I'm a huge fan of Clinique eyeshadows.  I think they're often overlooked in the blogging world, and as they're such good quality, I'm thinking of starting a one-woman mission to promote them!

Anyway, I had £20 worth of Debenhams Beauty Points just before Christmas so I decided to treat myself to either the Clinique Strawberry Fudge Holiday Palette, or the Lancome L'Wren Scott Palette.  The L'Wren Scott Palette was sold out, so I went for the Clinique one, and I'm so glad I did.


The palette contains a pink blush and three eyeshadow shades.  There's a light pink, a darker berry pink and an unusual brown colour, with a hint of pink in it.  In the pan, the eyeshadow shades look pretty, but nothing special.  But when swatched and on the eye, they transform into the most gorgeous colours.  In particular, the lighter pink colour is shot through with a golden shimmer which adds a new dimension to the eyes. I've included a few pictures of the swatches in different lights so you can see the golden shimmer effect.





I've been using the lighter pink over the lid, the darker berry pink in the crease and the brown for eyeliner and even for my brows.  The colours are so easy to use and very wearable, despite the shimmer - I've been using this almost everyday since I bought it and did my Christmas day eyes with it.

I'm not that impressed by the blusher, but I'm not a fan of Clinique blushers generally, so I didn't expect to be.  It's a perfectly useful pink blush, but it doesn't wow me.  The palette is beautifully and solidly packaged and comes with a reasonable couple of brushes (fine for travelling) and a decent mirror.

At £25, this may be a little steep, but if you have £20 of points sloshing around, it's a bargain!  If you can still get your hands on it, I'd highly recommend it.  I did end up getting the  L'Wren Scott palette as well (that was with Advantage Points and before my beauty diet) and I'm less impressed with it.  I'll review it separately later, but in my opinion, the Clinique palette is far better value, better quality and my top pick!

Thanks for reading!  xx

9 comments:

K said...

Thank you for this post! Your one-woman mission is working out just great. I am browsing the Clinique website as I'm writing this comment. Haha

** said...

I love the gold in that pink eyeshadow! I recently discovered the amazingness of Clinique eyeshadows when my boyfriend picked me up a freebie set thing with a gorgeous neutral coloured eyeshadow trio in it. I've never owned decent eyeshadow before and the difference is brilliant! x

Anonymous said...

I think that Clinique has certainly upped their game in the makeup stakes since I lurked around their counters. The colours look beautifully muted. Thanks for this. Jan x

nicoletta said...

I'm an ex clinique consultant and i agree the makeup is underated, they do fab foundation and blusher too xx

o said...

I am surprised you didn't like the Lancome palette as much. I am in love with mine and I feel it is one of the best silver/grey/black combo I've ever tried. I just feel the texture is so luxurious and the black shadow is highly pigmented. I love the light silver and how it sparkles...
I haven't tried the Clinique one yet and I like the idea that it contains a blusher.

Confessions of a Beautyholic

Law1sfab said...

I have one clinique eye palette and I wear it every other day well worth the money if you use them. Plus I love that it lasts long and does not crease and fade :) Great review kitten xxx

Anonymous said...

I agree about Clinique makeup it is overlooked on beauty blogs. I love the look of the SF palette, very feminine without being tarty.

100 pure egyptian cotton sheets said...

I think I've mentioned before that I'm a huge fan of Clinique eyeshadows. I think they're often overlooked in the blogging world, and as they're such good quality, I'm thinking of starting a one-woman mission to promote them!
web development agency vancouver ,
website design and development in canada ,

Unknown said...

continue reading this Louis Vuitton replica Bags the original source good quality replica bags click here for more Ysl replica

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails