Sunday 9 January 2011

Sample Sunday - The Body Shop Papaya Body Scrub

When I was a teenager, I used to regularly buy body scrubs from The Body Shop, but they were slightly budget busting, so I stopped buying them when I hit my twenties, and haven't bought any since, although I'm sure I'd find them much more reasonable now.  I was lucky enough to get sample sachets of different body scrubs when I won Computer Girl's giveaway last year, and I decided to try out the Papaya scrub today.


The first thing I noticed was the wonderful, fruity smell.  Whilst I wouldn't have chosen a fruity smell myself, it was very pleasant and not at all over-powering or artificial.  The scrub itself was very 'scrubby', which I personally really like.  There was enough in the packet to scrub my arms, legs and chest, so plenty in there for a full-body application. 

The packet says that it contains 'papaya seed oil to moisturise'.  I was slightly apprehensive about this, as I generally dislike scrubs which leave a residue, or oil behind.  I prefer to moisturise separately, and I just want a scrub to scrub!  But I didn't have to worry - my skin felt very soft afterwards, but there was no residue left on my skin, so this is definitely a product which needs an additional moisturiser - a good thing!

So this one gets a Bristol Beauty Blog thumbs up.  I'm pleased to note that there are a couple more samples of Body Shop body scrubs in my sample stash and I also received a full size Body Shop body scrub for Christmas, so I can get back into the habit of using them. 

Do you prefer 'scrubby' body scrubs, or the ones which moisturise as well?

Thanks for reading!  xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds really nice, i love body shop moisturisers cause they always smell amazing so id quite like to try this.
I love scrubby scrubs too, soap and glory flake away is my favourite :) xx

Anonymous said...

I've found that in the winter I don't mind a bit of oily residue afterwards. If I use those kind of scrubs I wash myself first and then use the scrub last so that when I get out of the shower I'm quite moisturised.

In Summer though I like a 'clean' scrub that takes the dead skin off without leaving a residue.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails