Sunday 2 January 2011

Sample Sunday - Chanel Hydramax + Active Serum

I received this sample in the summer from Chanel when I joined in the mad rush to purchase Paradoxal, but I'd not tried it out until this week.  I've been using it for a few days now, but it is Sunday, and it was a sample, so I think it qualifies for my Sample Sunday review.


According to the Boots website:

"An ultra-hydrating serum for dry or very dry skin goes to the source of skin's hydration needs. At the heart of the formula: CERATONIA PFA* powerfully stimulates hydration; a Hydrabarrier System™ locks it in, resulting in healthy-looking, smooth, supple skin. Enriched with Aquaperfyl™, a complex of moisture-boosting components, this silky serum sinks in on contact for immediate dry-skin relief."
 
 By the way, the Chanel website says pretty much the same thing.  

I thought that this would be an excellent winter serum, a little treat for me with the cold weather currently playing havoc with my skin.  However, so far, I've not been very impressed with this at all.  I generally find that posh serums can usually be used very sparingly.  That's not the case with this serum - I need about the same amount to thoroughly moisturise my face as I do with my usual No 7 Protect and Perfect serum.  I've nearly finished the 5ml tube having only used it about 4 times, whereas I got nearly a month's worth of application from the Murad serum sample I tried last year.
 
The Hydramax Active Serum is a slightly medicinal blue colour (and inoffensive chemically smell) and it also slightly stings my face when I apply it, although not as badly as the Murad serum did.  It sinks in pretty well, but it doesn't make my skin feel particularly well moisturised; infact, on the moisturising front, I'm disappointed with this serum.  It doesn't make much difference at all.  I'd rather be using a cheaper and better moisturiser rather than this expensive one which doesn't seem to do much at all.  My skin feels no better and there are no visible anti-aging benefits I've noticed.

If you clicked through to the Boots website, you'll have seen the price of a 50ml bottle.  Yes, it's a gobsmackingly expensive £70!!!  That's a huge price for a product which I think is distinctly average. 

So I'm sorry Chanel, but this gets a Bristol Beauty Blog thumbs down.  It's too expensive, doesn't go a long way, doesn't suit my skin and isn't very moisturising.

Thanks for reading!  xx

2 comments:

MakeupIsMyMedicine said...

I haven't tried this specific product, but sometimes Chanel is just so expensive that it's not really worth it. Im my opinion. Great review!

makeupismymedicine.blogpsot.com

Stacey said...

Oh hun! I got a sample of this too when i bought my foundation and loved it! I really noticed a difference the next day, it didn't sting my face either. Weird huh! Nice post though xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails