Sunday 20 March 2011

Duty Free Beauty Haul!

When I went on my hols, I flew out of Gatwick.  It's a bit of a pain to get to for me, although we were helped by my lovely parents who let us leave my car at their house in south London and gave us a lift.  However, it did mean that there were plenty of opportunities for splashing out on duty free goodies before flying.  We were slightly pushed for time in the duty free area, but I managed to fit in a bit of shopping and got a small haul of nice products.


Firstly I got a second bottle of Lancome Teint Miracle foundation - I've got some left of my first bottle, but it's a product I will repurchase again and again.  I love this stuff, and it's convinced me that it's well worth spending the extra on a decent foundation.  I paid £25 for this non-duty free (and before the Vat rise), but this cost about £21 duty free, so worth picking up.


Secondly, I wandered over to the Mac counter.  What a joy it was to browse a Mac counter which was completely empty of grabbing customers, with two available members of staff to attend to me!  They had all the main line stuff, as well as the Wonder Woman as well. I'd highly recommend visiting a duty free Mac counter.  I was interested in the concealers, and one of the SAs had the time to properly colour match me - something I've never been able to get at a normal Mac counter.  The SA also talked me through my underlying skin tone - more yellow than pink as I had always thought - applied it for me, and gave me some tips on concealer application - all in a relaxed and unpressurised environment.  I bought a Studio Finish Concealer in NW20 which cost about £11.  I'm not sure what the non-duty free price would be, but it seemed reasonable for Mac.  I had (for some reason) bought two concealer palettes with me on holiday already, but as you can see, I didn't need them, as I only used this one!


Finally, on the plane I bought a Clinique Exclusive box set of Moisture Surge products, exclusive to Virgin (I think).  This cost £35 and I think was a complete bargain!  I contains a gigantic 75ml tub of Moisture Surge, as well as a Moisture Surge spray (very handy for long haul flying - I tested it out) and an Moisture Surge Eye Gel.  I'm so pleased I've discovered Moisture Surge, and it has got me through the harsh conditions this winter.  Last autumn I bought a 50ml tub for £30, so paying £35 for 75ml, as well as the spray and gel was very good value.  My 50ml tub didn't quite last me through the winter, but I'm sure that the 75ml will do.  I also got a tube of it with Glamour magazine before I went on holiday, so I've got loads of the stuff now!

I also got some sunglasses in Next for £8 as I managed to completely break my normal sunnies somehow sitting in the car on the way to the airport.  They were in my handbag, so it was very lucky I noticed just in time (whilst going through security)!

Unfortunately there was very limited choice of beauty products to buy on the way home.  Due to the US embargo on businesses operating in Cuba, very few brands were available.  There were a couple of perfume brands I recognised, but none I liked and some Adidas gift sets, but nothing that caught my eye at all, despite having a few spare pesos to spend.  I just stocked up on lots of yummy rum instead - anyone for a Pina Colada, or perhaps you'd prefer a Mojito?

Have you picked up any duty free bargains on your hols?

Don't forget to enter my Mac Wonder Woman giveaway.

Thanks for reading! xx

3 comments:

White Bazaar said...

I love duty free shopping! the studio finish concealer is amazing!

Ess-Jay24 said...

I loved browsing the Mac counter in Duty Free, especially so early in the morning and there's no one there, bought my first 2 Mac lipsticks :)
xx

MilknCookiie said...

I had no idea Gatwick has a duty free MAC counter! I thought it was only available at Heathrow!

I will be visiting London in May and will be flying back from Gatwick to Amsterdam. Do you remember if they sell Origins at duty free Gatwick? The I can hold back and haul at the airport! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails