Tuesday 24 May 2011

NOTD - Deborah Lippmann Marquee Moon

I couldn't resist popping Marquee Moon by Deborah Lippmann into my online basket when I was putting in a little online order at House of Fraser a couple of weeks ago.  I already have Across the Universe and I love it - it's such a special nail polish.  I was hoping that Marquee Moon, with it muted silver colour and large silver foil particles, would be equally as special.  It's also named after one of my favourite songs.


Whereas Across the Universe was a gel formula, with a sheer base colour, Marquee Moon is more of a creamy formula and is a lot less sheer.  The result was a lot less muted than Across the Universe, without the depth and build-up of different layers of polish.  In fact, I felt that after 3 layers, I was pretty much done.  Application was OK, but I found that the distribution of the foil particles was sparse and I didn't get the effect I was looking for.  I think the foils were slightly too big to apply easily, annd it was hard to get them off the brush onto the nail.  I also managed to smudge a nail and apologies for the dreadful state of my cuticles!



However, although it didn't give the effect I was after, I do quite like it, as well as the randomness of the foil distribution.  Whether it is worth the £14 price tag, I doubt, as it is not as special as I had hoped.  However, it is a very pretty and pretty unique polish and I don't regret buying it.

Have you tried any of Deborah Lippmann's polishes?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails