Tuesday 5 July 2011

Possible Dupe for Chanel Mimosa? Avon Arabian Glow Nailwear Pro in Sunshine

After I bought Chanel Mimosa Le Vernis nail polish, I realised that I already had a potential dupe for it, and one that I had bought and totally forgotten about - Avon Arabian Glow Nailwear Pro in Sunshine.


I decided to compare the two to see how much of a dupe Sunshine really is.

Hmmm - can see the Chanel shimmer here, lacking in Sunshine

L-R Mimosa, Sunshine, Mimosa, Sunshine

L-R Mimosa, Sunshine, Mimosa, Sunshine

L-R Sunshine, Mimosa, Sunshine, Mimosa
So, they don't seem to be quite as much as a dupe as I had first thought.  Sunshine is brighter and more, well, sunshiney, whereas Mimosa has a more lemon colour.  Sunshine also doesn't have the hidden shimmer trademark that all Chanel polishes have.  Saying that, you'd have to be a nail polish expert to know that Sunshine isn't Mimosa - they are close enough to fool most people!

I liked Sunshine a lot.  I've not really used many Avon polishes before, and this had a lovely formula, nearly opaque after one application, a good brush, easy to apply and dries relatively quickly.  However, I think it's a bit bright for me. Mimosa is slightly more subtle (although not much) and I just prefer the colour.

Mimosa costs £17, whereas Sunshine is currently on offer on the Avon website at £3.  
 
Which is your favourite?

2 comments:

Cherry said...

This is a pretty close dupe!

TheBristolBeautyBlog said...

@ Cherry - There's a BIG difference in price, so it's probably close enough for some people! x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails